COUNCIL OF CATHOLIC WOMEN
The Saints Peter & Paul Council of Catholic Women is a service organization affiliated with the Central Deanery Council of Catholic Women (CDCCW), the Orlando Diocesan Council of Catholic Women, (ODCCW), the Florida Council of Catholic Women, (FCCW), and the National Council of Catholic Women, (NCCW). We are the only Catholic lay women’s organization recognized by the Bishops. As Catholic women, we share a common ground of faith and the moral values of God and our Catholic Church. We make a difference in our parish and community. We are active in our Faith and seek a deeper relationship with God.
The objectives of this organization are to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership, and service under the guidance of its officers and the Spiritual Advisor, and to support objectives which are appropriate to the times and those which may be recommended by the Central Deanery Council of Catholic Women, the Orlando Diocesan Council of Catholic Women, and the National Council of Catholic Women.
Why You Should Join Us:
- To meet new women of your parish community and keep in touch with those you already know.
- To support and encourage other parish family members in their faith, especially during difficult time in their lives.
- To support parish and diocesan activities.
- To support our clergy and religious in their personal lives and as they strive to serve the Church and our parish families.
- To nurture and enhance your own prayer and spiritual life.
- To keep abreast of changes in Church.
- To express your Catholic Faith on matters of interest individually, and as an active member of the Council in community, in our state, and in our nation.
- To be more aware of legislative issues, particularly those that support and/or oppose our faith-based views.
- To financially assist those sisters in third world countries with the comfort of knowing the money you share with them is helping them directly.
- To be part of the Council “voice” within the United Nations where we can hope to “make a difference” globally.
- To enjoy the benefit of programs and workshops presented not only locally, but at the national Council gatherings addressing areas of interest that involve family, church, community, and international concerns for women and children.
- To network with women throughout the state and our nation to gain insight and expertise in areas of common interest.
- To work with a strong group of women who share the same faith and to make this world a better place in which to live and raise our families.
- Guest speakers, demonstrations, or videos at our monthly meetings.
- Children's holiday parties.
- Craft Bazaar.
- Annual Rummage Sale.
- Annual Tea Party.
- Ice Cream Socials.
- Christmas Angel Tree to support local Children and parish shut-ins.
- Projects to support our Sister Diocese in the Dominican Republic.
- Attendance at Deanery Meetings and Diocesan and National Conventions.
- Deanery and Diocesan activities such as: Leadership Symposium at Lake Yale, fund raisers to benefit local charities and community needs.